Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Waiting Is Over...

My brother passed away today.   With a death, we all say, what do I say to those left behind?;  children, friends, etc., and even tho I am his sister, I still don't know what to say, or even how to feel. I know that sounds strange, but it is like I am getting used to death.  My parents, back in the mid 1990's. a niece, then our own son, in 2009, two brothers, a sister, and now, another brother.  How does it make me feel?  Sad mostly, of course.  I think of when we were kids,  our parents, and all my other siblings, how it was at home with such a big family, and what it will be like with him gone.   I remember weddings, his children born, how proud he was of them,  the things he did in his life, how his health failed as he got older, and how his last days went.  But then, I try to remember the best of that last part, and I am happy that his children and their wives/husbands were there with him til his last moments, and that he was aware of that.  I know that must have given him some comfort and peace.  I prayed that The Lord would take him in his arms and give him grace, forgiveness, comfort and peace and I believe that He did.  So I am not so sad, because I know these things in my heart.
I'll be back in a few days.  Later...... JO

No comments:

Post a Comment