Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sunday Again

Hello All!

Wouldn't you think that, as I am retired, a Sunday wouldn't be much different than any other day of the week.  But it is, for me.  Maybe because I have made it that way, in the Fall anyway.   For one thing,  football is back, and Sundays are for football.  We  rarely go anywhere on a Sunday in the Fall.  Because, besides football, I do a lot of cooking on Sundays, I like to curl up and crochet, and we like to eat whatever it is I may have cooked.

Soooo,  I get up in the morning, make a nice pot of tea,  fix one of my favorite breakfasts, and curl up on my little red love seat.  And so, my Sunday starts.   Hubby sleeps late, so I spend the morning cooking, or relaxing, or crocheting while watching NFL Countdown on ESPN.   I enjoy learning about the players and plays of football.  I' m no expert, tho.  Don't want to be.  I just want to enjoy it.

So, what shall I cook today?  We have some leftovers to finish up.  You know how that is.  I made potato and leek soup a few days ago, and then spaghetti, so we must eat that up.  But I think I will make some chocolate chip cookies, and apple turnovers.  So just desserts today, I guess.  Hubby is craving his goodies.  He loves goodies.


Started a new cowl for granddaughter E., and STILL haven't finished the purple afghan for granddaughter A.   I think some of you can relate to that.  And, I have noticed a few other projects I still haven't finished. I need to get going.  Just haven't had the ambition to get things finished.  But I am inspired by other bloggers who go thru the same thing,  but eventually get things done. 

Finally, I must show you my kitties.  They are getting so big!  
They are sooooooo cute and I have had so much fun with them.  They are a blessing!!!   Bo has found a new place to relax and sleep.


He is one big kitty!  And they have such different personalities that makes for unending enjoyment.  Love them.  

Lastly, I am missing New England, and spend a bit of time wishing I was there to drive thru the Berkshires, or Vermont, and see the colors, which are pretty much finished by now, but nonetheless, my memories of Fall in New England are never far from my mind.  
So beautiful.  Words cannot describe.  

Well, see you another time, which will be .......... Later................JO

No comments:

Post a Comment