Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Happy Spring! Happy Easter!

Hello All!

The weather here has been absolutely deelightful!!  I've just had my guys come and completely clean, and trim the yard, so everything looks so nice.  The orange and grapefruit trees got trimmed back a bit also, and now I can see when a coyote wanders into my yard.  Haha.  I haven't gotten any plants for the yard yet, and I guess that will have to wait til after Easter.

But, having this done
 (finally, as I have been procrastinating about it), has inspired me to do more inside the house, and in the patio.   Helps me get ready for Easter, as I will be having the gang here.  I have my menu all planned out - ham, of course, with 


pineapple slices, and mustard and brown sugar glaze, as my Mama made it, glazed carrots, mashed potatoes, green beans with sliced almonds, rhubarb pie, and pineapple upside down cake.   Sound good to me!  

The only 


 finished project I have to show is the little bunch of rabbits, and the Easter eggs I made for my daughter's holiday tree.  They are getting there kind of late, but I know she won't mind.  She knows how hectic life is for this old woman!   I know she will love them.  Then I will have to get busy on the next ornaments.  Any suggestions on what I can make for the summer months?   I will make red, white and blue stars for Memorial Day, and for Labor Day, but I don't know what to make for in between.  Help??  

Well, I hope you all have been enjoying the gorgeous weather in your area, except for those of you who have gotten more snow, but fear not, nice weather is coming!  For us, it is starting to get warmer by the day, and we have already had temps in the 90's.   Dread the hot summer, but it is not too great a price to pay in exchange for the wonderful weather, of Spring, Fall, and Winter!!  

So, I hope you all have a wonderful Spring, I hope you get outside as much as possible, smell the flowers, fresh mowed grass, trees, and hear the birds singing to you!  

Until .....Later........JO  xxoo


No comments:

Post a Comment