Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Get 'er done! Challenge

Well, I guess the next step is to start challenging myself each day.   Will probably work some days and not others, but I gotta work at it.   I'm 67, have steadily gained weight over the years, ( and lost some of it many times, only to gain it back - sound familiar?), but I don't like how I feel, and the grandson  (Noah, who is 20, by the way), has spurred me on to do something about it.   Make it a lifestyle change, right??   Not too late?   No, I don't think it ever is too late, tho I know I'll never feel forty again.  But I can feel better, and that will be my challenge.  
I got thru the Costco day, ($270 later),  and it was tiring, in fact exhausting, but we got stocked up a lot, and I like to know I have what I need in reach without having to run to the store every few days.   And we've been walking every day; in fact, yesterday I walked my bike over to my sister's house (Marie), had her hubby fill the tires for me, and rode it home, and for a nice bike ride at 8:30 last nite.   Noah ran and jogged with me, giving him a better workout too.   We're going to see if we can find him a nice bike at a garage sale, and then we can ride together.  
You know, this is funny.   I used to have a journal that I wrote in for years, but I just stopped doing it somewhere along the way, and I realize I have missed it.   I think it will help me get thru these old age years better, to be able to express myself  (be my own psychotherapist without the fee). 
I've got quiche heating in the oven for breakfast, and a fruit bowl to make, so ....   later.   JO   xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment