Sunday, December 22, 2013

Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!


I have to share with you a most special gift sent to me by a treasured friend.  We don't see one another often, as she lives in Vermont, and I live in Arizona, but our friendship has endured.  My family lived in Vermont for about seven years until 1984, and I loved it.   For many years since we moved from Vermont, my friend, Gayla, sent us a fresh Vermont wreath at Christmastime.  For the last few years, she hasn't sent one for whatever reasons, but I understood.  But this year, I was surprised to see a flat box, that looked like it might be a wreath, in my mail.  I can't tell you how excited I was.  I almost bought one for myself a week or so ago, but I smelled it, and it wasn't the same.  It hardly had any nice scent at all!  No, I just didn't want it.  
But yesterday, lo and behold, there was my wreath.  Simple, but beautiful, and it smelled sooooo good.  I stick my nose in it every time I go outside.  

Thank you, my friend!  You know me so well!  

Later.......JO