Sunday, December 22, 2013

Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!


I have to share with you a most special gift sent to me by a treasured friend.  We don't see one another often, as she lives in Vermont, and I live in Arizona, but our friendship has endured.  My family lived in Vermont for about seven years until 1984, and I loved it.   For many years since we moved from Vermont, my friend, Gayla, sent us a fresh Vermont wreath at Christmastime.  For the last few years, she hasn't sent one for whatever reasons, but I understood.  But this year, I was surprised to see a flat box, that looked like it might be a wreath, in my mail.  I can't tell you how excited I was.  I almost bought one for myself a week or so ago, but I smelled it, and it wasn't the same.  It hardly had any nice scent at all!  No, I just didn't want it.  
But yesterday, lo and behold, there was my wreath.  Simple, but beautiful, and it smelled sooooo good.  I stick my nose in it every time I go outside.  

Thank you, my friend!  You know me so well!  

Later.......JO

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joanne, Thanks for visiting me and leaving such a sweet comment. I love your Vermont wreath. It is beautiful and I bet it smells wonderful. We're meeting my husband's brother for supper tonight with his wife and son. It's turning cold here in Ohio and we may have snow tomorrow. Your crochet project look so pretty and I love the colors you use. Have a great Christmas sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanne, your wreath is so pretty and festive. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. I wish you and your family a lovely, peaceful holiday.

    ReplyDelete