Saturday, January 18, 2014

Moving Along

Hello everyone!  Now, that's a bowl of fruit!  Apples, grapes, kiwi, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, orange and grapefruit!  I'm in that CANDO thing with Astri,  so I am trying to eat healthier, so I can start feeling healthier!  

So, this kind of fruit bowl, along with a dollop of Greek yogurt, and about a tablespoon of granola, is my favorite breakfast in the world!  

That, and a cup of tea.  This is my new favorite tea at the moment, (since Christmas),  but YIKES, I don't have any yogurt.  So I had to make do with the fruit and granola.  Trip to the grocery store is in my immediate future.  

I am proud to say that the oranges and PINK grapefruit, ( the only kind to eat, in my opinion), come from my yard.  I have an abundance of oranges and grapefruit, so I use them all I can.  I will be making lots of orange juice, to which I add a little grapefruit juice, for more flavor, and then I freeze it for future use.  Takes up a lot of room in my freezer, but soooooo worth it!   We all drink orange juice, so it saves me $$$$ too.  






Our oranges and grapefruit are gorgeous, and big this year, so I will be putting them to good use!   My hairdresser is going to bring her two boys over, and they will pick enough for her to take home, as she juices too, and enough for me to make several gallons of juice, to start.   That saves me picking, and let's them climb trees!  Double treat!  
So, I am going to be a busy girl this week.  

By the way, I have lost 4 pounds total so far, and that makes me happy!  I am cooking smarter and better, and so, eating smarter and better, and I don't mind.  I splurge a little here and there, so it doesn't come off super fast, but that's okay.  Just so long as I am losing, and eating better, I am happy!       

I am also working on getting better organized,  but that is going slower, I am afraid, but I WILL do it.

Later.........    JO

No comments:

Post a Comment