Thursday, November 21, 2013

Gorgeous, Beautiful, And Thank You, Lord!!

Hello, all!  A couple of days ago, my grandson woke me up at about 6 a.m., and said "Get up quick, you have got to see this".  Of course, since that was a day I did NOT have to take him to work, (his car is down), I was not a happy camper.  I wanted to sleep in!!!!  I went to the front door, following him,  in my pj's, and this is what we saw to our East.  I don't think I have ever seen anything like it.  My photos do not do it justice, because I am not a photographer, like some of you wonderful girls out there, but I grabbed my IPad, and took these before it went away.  

But isn't it gorgeous, anyway??  It certainly made my day.  I couldn't go back to sleep after that, I just kept looking at the photos.  The sky did change very quickly, but I still had my photos.  

So, I got up and made a cup of,tea, and got back to work on my gift for Stephanie, of Crochethapy, with whom I am participating in a swap.  I can't show you what I made her yet, cause it is on its way to her now, and I don't want to spoil it for her.  I really hope she likes it.  And I was so tickled to do it.  The swap, I mean.  I have never done anything like that before.  So that was fun.  

In the meantime, I am back to work on my grandaughter's blanket, which is coming along nicely, and I will be starting a few smaller projects also, as I like to work on different things at the same time.  Keeps me from getting bored ; keeps things interesting.  

And of course, I am getting ready for Thanksgiving, (My Very Favorite Holiday of the year, in case you didn't know!), as we are having eight for dinner including ourselves, and as you all know, it is a lot of work.  It is work that I love, tho.  I found Macintosh apples, which are usually found in the Northeast, but not found easily here.  So there will be apple pie, and mince meat pie, and pumpkin pie.  The first two I make myself, but I never make pumpkin.  I don't know why,  I just don't.  So my brother-in-law gets it for me at Costco. 

So that's what I have been doing.  And I am counting my Blessings, as I have so much to be thankful for, such as that beautiful sunrise.  I'll see you......Later.......JO


No comments:

Post a Comment