Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving and Heaven!

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving from my house to yours.  Let us all be grateful and thankful and full,of love, because we are so blessed.  For me, I am thankful for my hubby, my children, and grandchildren, all of my extended family, and my wonderful friends, some of whom I have had as friends for 50 plus years.  For my warm, comfortable home, for everything in nature, for sunshine, and for YARN!!!!  I am thankful that I can do these things, albeit with hindrances at times (Arthur..itis, mostly), knitting and crocheting and crafting, as they make me happy.

It's Heaven because today is my FAVORITE day of the year.  Even now, a big, plump turkey is in the oven, and the scents that are coming from the kitchen are heavenly!  My house still needs some picking up, and I need to get the leaves into the table, and set it, but I have plenty of time for that.  It's always a last minute rush getting the last minute things done, but I don't mind.  And by 6:00 this evening, I will be full, and EXHAUSTED!, but happy.  Family is coming, and we will have a wonderful dinner, some wine, much talking and planning for Christmas, and I will love every minute of it.  And we will have more memories to add to the many we have from years gone by and people gone, but not forgotten.  We always talk of memories.... Of mom and dad, our big family of seven boys and four girls, our childhood, and the Thanksgivings and Christmases when our parents filled our lives, and then when we gave memories to our children to pass down, hopefully, to their children.

Everything for dinner is coming along.  I made my pies yesterday, and the stuffing for the turkey, peeled and chopped the vegetables, and got all the dishes out.  We went out for subs, so that I would have a more restful evening, (thank you, honey),  and came back for some little apple turnovers and tea.  No fireplace to sit by, but we were together, and that's what counts.

I wish for you that you will take a few moments to reflect on how fortunate you are, despite whatever problems you have, and be thankful for the life God has given you!  May you have family and friends around you,  and seize the day!    Later.............JO

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you. I wish we had a similar celebration here in the UK. x

    ReplyDelete