Wednesday, November 13, 2013

'Ya think?

Hi all!   
I'm sitting out on the patio.  There is such a nice breeze today that I actually hear it rustling through the orange trees.  The oranges and grapefruit are ripening slowly and should be ready about the end of  December into January, by the way.  This is my latest WIP, which I am making for my grandaughter, who is in her second year of college.  
 So today, I thought I would take a little ME time, and work out here all by my lonesome.  It's so nice out here.  I don't know why I don't do this more often.  Those first two pics are from yesterday, when I was sitting on the bed working and watching tv with hubby, and having one of my favorite snacks.  An apple; oh, and a couple of marshmallows.

Anyway, I digress.  I was sitting here today crocheting and thinking.  Crocheting is a very contemplative time, I find.  I was thinking of my granddaughter, then my mind wandered to what I might make for dinner.  I found this recipe (from Better Homes and Gardens magazine), but I guess the recipe came from Recipe.com.  It's a great quick meal to make and I serve the meatballs with rice and a veggie.  Mmmmmmm!
Well, I got to thinking - I wonder what all of you think about while you are crocheting, or knitting, or sewing.  I think of all sorts of things, probably like you do.  I wonder how long it is going to take me to make this blanket, and will I get all my gifts made in time for Christmas, and I wonder how my daughter is doing.  What am I going to make for her?  And I think of your blogs, your WIP's, your walks on the beach or in the woods, or just down the lane.  All sorts of things.  But it is calming.  I don't worry.  I think about happy things.  Crocheting gives me that.  Does it do that for you?  What do you think about?  

Well, that's what I was thinking about.  We'll see you .......Later.......JO


No comments:

Post a Comment