Sunday, September 22, 2013

Brunch, The New Pillow, and The New Project

For some reason that I can't comprehend, I am unable to post the pics that I wanted.  But I did finish the pillow which I showed in Saturday's post, plus start a new project, which will be an afghan.  I got my whole post written with pics, posted it, then tried to edit it, and lost the whole thing.  Frustrating!!
The pics got onto Google, but I can't get them on the post.  I will figure it out.  Meantime, I will tell you what I've been up to.
I got the pillow finished, put it with the others and it looked wonderful.  For the moment, tho, I put it on another chair and I like it there.  But I love the colors.  Gives the living room a nice pop of color with those pillows, when it had been looking otherwise bland.  Also, gave me a nice sense of accomplishment, which I haven't been feeling in the last few years.  Oh, I don't mean that I feel unfulfilled or anything like that, but it was nice to look at those pillows and know that my old hands made them.  With the trials we have had for the past few years, I guess personal achievements got kind of lost.  Tho, it was an achievement to get thru those trials.
Anyway, the minute I finished the pillow, I HAD to find another project.  What would I make next?  I should have gone to bed, but I couldn't without knowing.  I started some new granny type squares for an afghan that I will sell or use as a gift.  You know, I was thinking that I don't have many handmade items in my home for someone who used to make lots of them.  But I realized I used to make things and give them as gifts to many members of my large family.  Parents, siblings, nieces and nephews, and friends.   So now I am making  a few things for myself, for my home, plus, of course, I will continue to make gifts for others, and sell a few items, too!
The new afghan would be nice for a family room or a boy's bedroom, I'm thinking, because the colors lend themselves to those purposes.  Two shades of green, and beige.  It's nice and calming.
Also, today, I was looking for something new to make for brunch.  I found a recipe for a strata, but didn't want to use bread in it, so I adapted a recipe and made a breakfast bake with eggs, cheese, ham and potatoes.  It was great!  Hubby and grandson loved it, as did I, so it is a keeper.  I just have to write down how I made it, so I will remember for next time.  If anyone wants the recipe, I will try to post it later.
Well, that's about it for the weekend, although we did watch football, too, of course.  Now I have to work out the kinks with these photos, and get them posted.  I WILL do it.   Later.....JO



No comments:

Post a Comment