Wednesday, September 4, 2013

ROSES!

Roses from my hubby!  Wow!  This is a rare occurrence, so I have to really enjoy this!   My hubby was never one for bringing me flowers, or candy, etc., but he did lots of other little things, so I pretended it didn't matter.  So when he presented me with these yellow roses, my absolute favorite, I was quite surprised!  And extremely pleased!  Aren't they gorgeous?!   So I "stop and smell the roses"  quite often throughout the day!  I love flowers, plants, herbs, gardens in all forms, but am unable to have much out here, due to the heat of the summer.  I wish I had a raised bed for a garden at least in the fall and spring, as those are the times when plants can thrive, but alas, I don't have one.  Maybe, one of these days!  Who knows.  But I did go to Home Depot yesterday, and I bought six herb plants, and two larger rosemary plants.  I can plant the rosemary in the ground, as the rabbits won't eat them, ( I hope!), but the other herbs, (basil, purple basil, lemon thyme, thyme, and oregano), I will plant in a large pot, or container, and keep them up a bit higher, or the rabbits will eat them to the root!
In the meantime, I am going to revel in the fact that my husband brought me roses!!   Later.   JO

P.S.   The white pitcher that the roses are in was my sister's, which is my way of sharing my joy with her.  She knows, because "Angels Are Among Us".  xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment