Saturday, September 21, 2013

Saturday Crochet!

Yes, it's Saturday, which doesn't mean the same to me as it used to, as I am retired now, and one day is much the same as another.  But I do like to do a little less housework, etc., on weekends, and a little  more fun things, so here I am putting together my next pillow.
I  can't wait for it be done, as I already know exactly where I am going to put it.  It should be done in less than an hour.  I can't sit still long, so I am up and down quite often while I am working at anything.   Doing laundry, preparing food, running to the store, etc.  but then sometimes I can stay still, (not often), and just work on my project.  
After my sister passed away, I inherited a chair and footstool that she and I found in an antique store, but she bought.  My brother-in-law gave it to me, and I love him for that.  I loved this chair the minute I saw it, and I saw it first, but decided not to buy it, so Marie bought it!  Now I have it, and it has become my favorite place to sit and crochet or knit.  I think part of it is that it reminds me of her.  
Yes, I knit, too!  Not much, as I am not as good at it as crocheting, but I enjoy knitting too.  My mom taught me that, too!  It's funny, neither of my two sisters knitted or crocheted, but I learned it, and then became obsessed with it.  Anyway, isn't the chair beautiful?  And I love the fact that at one time it was special to someone else and now it's recycled and mine, and it is special to me!  Well, back to my chair and my handiwork.  Then I have to find a new project to make.  Ooh, fun!  I sometimes think that finding a new project is as much fun as working on it and finishing it!  Later.....JO

No comments:

Post a Comment