Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Sky Is Falling!

Well, not really, but it seemed like it!  Yesterday, it started raining so hard , that saying was the first thing I thought of, since it doesn't rain too much in this part of Arizona.  It has been a welcome sight lately, and we've had more rain lately than usual.   And rain is something that makes me feel cozy,  and homey, and in the mood for ironing, cooking or crocheting, so what did I do?  Iron, cook and crochet.
I'm still working on one pillow, started another,  and did another pot holder.  I am obsessed with pot holders right now, but when I finish enough,  I can throw away any nasty old ones I have.   I have found so many items on Pinterest that have me wanting to make everything!   Of course, I won't tell you how many projects I started a long time ago, that aren't finished.  But I WILL. Finish them at some time, but I need to sort them out.
I've had bad new from Minnesota, that my brother, Pete, is very ill.  He has emphysema, but fell and broke his hip a couple of weeks ago.  His breathing is too bad to do any surgery, and, in fact, they have him on a ventilator now.  They're going to try to wean him off it,  but if they can't he wants to be taken off.  It is so difficult being so far away, as I am from all but one of my siblings.  Makes me so much more aware of that "age" thing!  But we have to accept and cope as well as we can.
I am one of eleven, as I might have said before,  so it was scary when we lost the first of us, and now we have lost three.  Actually, four, as my youngest sister, Jeanne, passed away at one and a half years old.
Anyway, we keep watch on our troubles, and keep ourselves going.  That's one of the reasons I started this blog, to remind myself that life goes on, and we have to make the best of it.   I' trying my best, tho I will falter at times, I have to forgive myself and go on.
Ok. Enough of that.  We all have sad things going on in our lives.  If you do, I pray for you that you can make the best of it, and be happy again with your life.   After, all the sun is still shining, the fall leaves are coming, there is beauty all around us.   So, Later..... JO

No comments:

Post a Comment