Thursday, September 26, 2013

Wish I was 40 again!

Yes, that's what I said.  I wish I was forty again.  They were my best years - my forties.  My hubby was in better shape, I was in better shape, and we could physically do most anything we wanted.  Except we were so busy working, helping our kids, and paying bills we didn't have the time or money to do the things I wish we had done.  Did that make sense?  Well, that's how it was.   We had what we had and we did what we could do.  But mostly I wish we had had these devices available (I.e., my IPad),  as I so enjoy the avenues it opens for me.  There is so much you can do, and it gives you so many shortcuts to finding info when you need it.   And I'm sure I haven't discovered as much as I think I have.  Ok, I'm avoiding telling you that I still can't figure out why I can't get my pictures to show up on my blog.  This is so frustrating!  I just think that if I were forty I could figure it out.  Well, I have to one way or another,  so I will.   I can go the computer club at the community center.  Maybe they can help me.
Anyway, I have many squares finished for my newest project - the afghan.  I like how they look.  Maybe tonite I will lay some out, to see how it looks so far.   And I have found so many beautiful crocheted flower patterns on Pinterest that I have naturally pinned to a separate board.   I LOVE  them, and they could be used in so many ways.  I must try some!  I don't know what has happened to me - I haven't been this obsessed with crochet for years.  I have done a project here and there, but not much.  This is so fun.  And I can tell how much it is helping me cope with things.  I feel happier.  Does that sound silly?  Well, it doesn't matter if it does, it's helping.
So, I guess I won't worry about being forty, as that can't happen, so I will stop whining.  Besides, my daughter tells me I am inspiring to her, and if that is what SHE says, I'm happy.  If I can be inspiring to her, then I guess I am not doing so bad.  Actually, I know I am blessed to have what I have and I am happy with that!  Well, getting back to my crocheting.  So -  Later.....JO

No comments:

Post a Comment